Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Upcoming Series!

Hey all!
Well, I've done it. I'm finally sitting down to begin planning my first real series. This time I won't lose my work like I did with last year's NaNoWriMo novel. I plan on beginning the first draft of book 1 in April and will spend the remaining 2 (since January's almost over) outlining and fleshing out all I want to write to make the process easier. Why April? Well, again, to give me time to plot and plan. And, it's Camp NaNoWriMo. If there's one thing being involved in National Novel Writing Month in November taught me, it's I am not bad at writing while under pressure. Except when it came to school work. O:-) So, once I am all planned over the coming weeks, I can use the event to bust out my first draft.

I actually have a general idea of where I want the first THREE books of my series to go so I'll try and outline as much as I can for all three before April. And then, I can do the July Camp to write the draft of book 2. After I spend May and June finishing and revising 1. I hope to have my first book finished by the end of the year and published through CreateSpace. I just started my account there today.

So, what is this story all about? Well, it's been forming in my head for a number of years. Ever since I used to spend hours role playing online with my friends on various forums.

My main character is a girl named Tara. She seems like a normal teenager going off to college. But, she discovers she is actually from a long line of witches, through the women in her father's family. Through a variety of reasons, this has been kept from her until she goes to live with her grandmother for part of a summer before starting college. Throughout the series, she will have a wide variety of adventures, make friends, and enemies. She'll fall in love for the first time. And, have her first heartbreak. I also plan on writing her into more fan fiction stories like I did here last summer. Since those cannot be published except on the Fan Fiction site without me paying tons of money, we'll call them little bonus stories or something.

I'm 3 chapters into book 1's outline. I don't really have a set in stone title yet. I'm tossing a few ideas around, though. And, I'm not sure if this will be a Young Adult or a New Adult book, yet. Leaning towards new since it's about a college student and I can be a little freer with language and... ahem... romantic details.

So, that's what I'm working on now. More updates here and on YouTube to come as I get more work done.

I'm off to get some more work done before bed. Good night!

Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment