Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fan Fiction Help! Please!!

Hi everyone.
I need your help! I'm working on an idea for a new fan fiction because I haven't written one in a while and if I don't get it out of my head before March, I won't be able to focus on Camp NaNoWriMo prep!

So, I want to do a Power Rangers/Doctor Who Crossover story. Now, I'm talking the original, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers from the early 90s that I grew up on. Back when they were good. (Hilariously cheesy watching them 20 years later but when you're a 10 year old kid they were pretty kick ass.) I've written a story with them before. You can read it here if you like. And, I want to do another. I thought combining my childhood favorite show with my current favorite show would be fun because it would be, hopefully, easy to write and, let's face it, an excuse to marathon both shows on Netflix... to get the writing style right for the characters, of course. *insert blush face here*

This is the basic idea of my plot thus far. The Doctor and Clara land in Angel Grove. (Sometime after Name of the Doctor and before Day of the Doctor) And they realize that the Power Rangers are real! Woo! But, there's a problem. Lord Zed has planted a virus in their communicators and, when they went to teleport, they were all scattered throughout time and space. Except one, Tommy. (Don't know why. I just decided to pick him.) The Doctor has to help find and get everyone back because... of some big thing I'll come up with later. Oh, and Zed wants the TARDIS. Now, this is where I need your help. Where do I send everyone? Each Ranger goes somewhere different. A historical time period or some futuristic world. Maybe go all spoof happy and throw in another setting from a TV show or movie. I got a few ideas just in the process of writing this blog but I could really use some more suggestions. Then, I'll post the link in a future post when the story is completed so you all can read and enjoy. I may even give a shout-out to those who help me out!

So, comment below with any ideas. Keep in mind, too, that this is the ORIGINAL cast. Zack, Trini, Jason, Kimberly and Billy. Of course, Tommy but he stays behind and helps the Doctor rescue his friends. Also, this is the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) and Clara. I've never written for them before but I love their friendship and have always wanted to see more adventures with them but, sadly, Matt Smith's days have come to an end so any new adventures are left for the world of fan fiction. (And the comics my boyfriend lends me)

Thank you so much for reading this! I hope to get lots of ideas from you all. Can't wait to get writing. In fact, I might go start now to at least get a jump on the introduction of the story.

Have a great night!
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment