Monday, January 6, 2014

IT IS SO STUPID COLD!!

So, I had today off and planned to get all kinds of things done like laundry and some cleaning, maybe finally get around to recording my New Years Resolutions video. Yeah... no. Didn't happen because I couldn't leave my bed!

Today and tomorrow have been ridiculously frigid outside. Subzero temperatures, not counting the wind chill. We haven't had that here in many years and I am not liking it one bit. I am the world's biggest freeze baby so it gets under 60 and I'm looking for a way to fly to Florida. My dad was nice and went out to start my car to make sure it would go for me in the morning and spent half an hour trying to get the door to close because it was so frozen. So, I'm going to have to get up extra early in the morning to prepare for that to happen again.

I did get some reading done, though. I'm almost half way through with Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. From what I'm hearing about the ending, I'm glad I have the other two on the way from Amazon. I think I'll do an unboxing this week. I should have 3 packages coming. All my books from Books-a-Million shipped at once and Amazon in 2 parts. So, once they all arrive I will do a big unboxing/haul video on my YouTube Channel. I haven't done one of those yet. Then again, haven't ordered books online since I've had this channel either, so that may have something to do with it. It is supposed to warm up more Wednesday and get back to normal winter temperatures. Or, whatever normal can be categorized as in the Great Lakes region of the United States- the random and, often, bad weather dumping grounds.

What was really crazy with this weather is that people forgot how to act when it got cold. Yesterday, we were so busy. People were buying water, canned goods, microwave dinners like it was the end of the world! There was no pasta left on the shelves. No meat. Hardly any veggies. It was insane! I had a customer say, "I hope it's just a dusting and not as cold to make everyone feel foolish or there better be zombies popping out of the ground in the morning." Well, neither happened. I was just glad it stayed above freezing long enough for me to get home.

I also escaped the warmth of my blankets to do a little arts and crafts project. I have these glass jars, one large, one small, and I painted them both on the inside with glitter gold paint. When they dry, I'll pour craft sand and some shells inside the big one, place a battery powered tea light in the little one and put them together. If I can't go to the beach, I'll bring the beach to me in a small way. I really like candles. But, I can't light them in my room. So I've been getting battery ones and trying to come up with some fun decorative ways to use them. Pinterest helps a lot. And I don't have to worry about setting my sheets on fire or something.

Tomorrow it's back to work. So, I better get some more reading done and curl up for some sleep. I'm going to leave early for work, too, just because I don't know how the roads will be or how the idiot other drivers will be in the morning. How many weeks til spring? Oh, right. Not enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment