Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Unexpected Experience

Hi all,
I know I've been quiet lately on social media. I had a pretty frightening experience this weekend and have only been home since Monday.

Turns out I had a very large blood clot in my right leg. I ignored it for over a week and it just kept getting worse so my mother woke me up Friday and said, "Take a shower. You're either making an appointment with your doctor or I'm taking you directly to the ER." So, I made an appointment with a doctor and was sent for blood work and an ultrasound. The doctor called right away while I was still in radiology and said he was sending me to the ER. Long story short, I was admitted, I had 2 procedures to remove the clot, I was on bed rest for most of the weekend. I came home Monday. I'm on blood thinners for a year and need to be much more active in the future.

This doesn't mean I am stopping my writing. But, I'm a little more behind on my current draft. And I won't be doing any YouTube videos for a while because I'm all bruised and look like I had the snot beaten out of me. That was partly the blood thinners and where they poked and prodded me. And I can't get upstairs where all my filming equipment is. But I will continue to post on the blog until I can record again. And there is always Facebook and Twitter.

So, I just wanted to give my loyal followers an update on what's going on and I'll be resuming work on my manuscript tonight.

Thanks so much!
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment