Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sept. 20 Update

Up to chapter 17! My poor arthritic hands. But, I'm getting there. If I can do 3 chapters before my physical therapy tomorrow, I'll be in the home stretch. Did a rough formatting and at chapter 16 I'm around 115 pages for a 6x9 book. 23 chapters total so this one will be a little longer than book 1. That's okay. There's more to this story. Character development, big bad guy, intro to a few side characters that will appear further down the series. I'm also slowly printing this draft off so I can go at it yet again with the red pen. If I can get another round of Beta Readers for this draft, I can send draft 4 to the editor for the major fixes.

Won't be home after PT tomorrow so I'm bringing my notes for book 3 and beyond to maybe play with and brainstorm. If I get enough ideas set up that I can just write, I'll maybe start the planning stages of a bind-up edition. Either 3 or 5 stories, haven't decided which. May depend on length. I may go through Book Baby for that one so I can get a hard cover and wider distribution. I'll stick with CreateSpace for the novella sizes.

These are all just rough ideas. Gonna read for a bit then need sleep.
Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment