Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Hi everyone,
Wow, it's been a while. Sorry. But I'm on vacation from Day Job so I'll be doing lots of writing.

But today I wanted to tell you about the most influential and important woman in my life. In honor of Mother's Day.

My wonderful mom. My best friend, shoulder to cry on, confidante, and hero. She, and Dad, have sacrificed so much for me and my sister. She's held us when we scraped our knees or broke up with boyfriends. She sewed Halloween and play costumes. We've driven her crazy. We've made her laugh. My sister and I would fight like cats when we were little. Complete with hair pulling. Occasionally there was bloodshed. (I got knocked into a nightstand and cut my back on a sharp corner. Still got the scar.) And an odd trip to the ER while playing in the yard. (Line drive to the head 3 days before my 18th birthday) And who knows what else life has in store but no matter what, I know I can count on Mom to support me.

So, today, give your mom an extra hug and kiss. If you live far away, call her. (Actually call and have a conversation. Skype works, too.) If your mom is no longer alive, say a prayer of thanks, pull out the old photo album or scrapbook and reminisce about the good times.

Love you, Mama. Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment