Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

Tired and sunburned after a beautiful day.

But let us not forget the true meaning of Memorial Day. While all the cookouts and parties and parades are great, we must take the time to honor the men and women who have made our right to have those days and so many more possible. To live in a country with the freedom we have that we so often take for granted. To say what we feel. To pray (or not to) how we like or believe. To follow our passion no matter the obstacles. To love who we want regardless of race, gender, orientation, or faith.

I am proud to say I have a number of former service members in my family and circle of friends. Both still on this Earth and long gone to God. I am thankful every day for what they went through. Even when I don't always show it. Even when I don't know the full extent because some stories are too painful to be shared.

Say a prayer for those who are still fighting and for those who will never be able to come home because they made the ultimate sacrifice.

Happy Memorial Day and God bless America!

We remember. We pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment