Wednesday, March 12, 2014

30 Da Writing Challenge Day 12

"Five Men I Find Attractive"

Everyone has their celebrity crushes. You'd have to be living under a rock not to. So, here are 5 of my favorites. Pictures may be added at a later date when my laptop works again and it's easier to add them. Not in any order.

1) Nicholas Brendan- Most of us know him as Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He has also been Penelope Garcia's geeky cute boyfriend on Criminal Minds. I have a thing for dark haired geeks. What can I say? (Obviously, seeing as I'm dating one) I haven't seen him much on Criminal Minds because that show scares me so I can't say much on that. But, I loved him as Xander! He was just so sweet and charming. He meant well whenever he tried to help and it was so wonderful to watch his character grow from geeky school boy to (still geeky) charming young man, who saved the world on countless occasions. I wanted to marry him when I was a teen.

2) Ewan McGregor- Scottish and can sing. What's not to love? Just thinking about it makes me want to watch Moulin Rouge again. I've seen a few of his movies but that is my favorite. Again, dark haired boy-next-door type of appearance. I just love his accent whether it is his English or his natural Scottish. Even his horrible attempt at Southern. (Really. Watch Big Fish or Down With Love. So awful!)

3) Matt Smith- Keeping with the British trend. Matt Smith is best known for his role as the latest regeneration of the Doctor. His three season reign on the show is either loved or loathed by Whovians. (Mostly loathed by fans who never got over David Tennant) He was the youngest Doctor in the show's 50 year history. His bow tie clad, fez obsessed, clumsy charm and childlike joy at new things made him so much fun to watch. I enjoyed watching him in interviews and behind the scenes, too. He is so genuine with the fans, especially the kids. I can't wait to see what the future holds for his career.

4) David Boreanez- Back to my Buffy days. The first time I started watching him in the 2nd season, it was just before the return to Angelus. He terrified me. The way he shifted from brooding charmer to cold hearted killer in the same episode is chilling. And now I love his character on Bones. It's taken me time to get into the show because I still saw him as Angel for a long time. But the more I watch, the more I enjoy this other side of him. He can be very funny and sarcastic and his character's affection for Bones is really touching. I think I enjoy that pair more than Angel and Buffy.

5) Jonathan Rhys Meyers- I just finished watching The Tudors. If you can get past the historical inaccuracies, and the graphic scenes, and the focus on sex and gore, it can be a great show. His portrayal of Henry VIII is incredible. You want to love him one minute and strangle him the next. I didn't know much about him before I saw the show. I guess he did a TV movie where he played Elvis. That I have to see since he's Irish. How well did he pull that off? And he is in a new Dracula series, too, that I have to find. I watched an interview on Craig Ferguson. It was a YouTube video. I heard his natural Irish accent. Can you tall I like accents, too?

So, these are a few of my favorite celebrities. This gives me an idea on another topic once this Challenge is over.

Have a good day!
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment