Saturday, March 1, 2014

30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 1

March 1st is almost over and I wanted to do this challenge I found on Pinterest so here it goes. (Technically, it will be the 2nd by the time I finish writing this so it should work out)

Todays Prompt:
Five Ways to Win Your Heart

Now, my regular readers know I have a boyfriend but these are some of the thigs that the hopeless romantic in me just adores and could be used as a guide to all those well meaning but clueless guys.

1. "Good morning" or "Good night" texts. Something to show you wake up and end your day thinking about that special person in your life. I do this once in a while. It is so nice to wake up to a message like that, especially if your schedules don't allow you to see each other often.

2. It's the little things- This could be a continuation of number 1. The fancy dinners are nice but not everyone has the budget for a five star restaurant every week. So, the small gestures like leaving a rose on her windshield at work or slipping her a love note. Maybe make up a goofy poem or story. You don't have to like or be good at writing. The effort will mean the world.

3. Communicate! Now, this may not seem romantic but communication is key in a lasting relationship. I know I like to vent to my guy a lot. Between my health issues and job, I have quite a few things to vent about. And getting a sympathetic reply to boost my spirits helps a lot. I could have a bad day with customers or leave work in pain from my knee and getting something as simple as "It's almost Thursday. Just gotta get through a few more hours and you can relax" is enough to get me through.

4. PDA- to a point. My boyfriend were talking about high school days and a couple we knew and how they were inseparable. But they were decent about it. Some people think PDA means all out making out and causing a scene. Just something like holding hands when you're out walking somewhere. Or sneak a peck on the cheek just because.

5. Find a common interest- My guy and I have a few TV shows we both enjoy. We're talking about going biking this summer when I finally get a bike. If you both like history, take a road trip to a historical site like Gettysburg or Washington DC and play tourist. If money is tight, try a day trip. Example, a friend of mine and I drove from up to the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan for the day. It was about a 3 hour drive from Cleveland (going 90 on the highway which is not advisable but I was the passenger so had no say) and we saw almost the whole place which is a challenge because it's huge and we were exhausted when we got home. But it was fun and not too expensive. If you like music, check out a local band. Or go dancing or sing karaoke. You don't have to sound like a pop star or dance like a pro. That's half the fun.

So, that's it for day 1. These are some of the things I enjoy. What do you do for that special someone? Or what do they do for you that makes you smile? Or, what do you wish they'd do? Let me know on social media or in the comments. (http://facebook.com/nerdwritergirl or http://twitter.com/nerdwritergirl)

Tomorrow's topic: Something I Feel Stongly About. Hmm... this is going to take some prep to get my thoughts to make sense because the topic I have in mind tends to make me upset and I can't think.

Thanks for reading and hope to read your responses!

Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment