Sunday, March 23, 2014

30 Day Writing Challenge Day 23

"Something That You Miss"

This is easy. This isn't a thing I miss. It's a someone. Actually, a couple of someones. I went out to visit my best friend and her family yesterday and realized how much I miss seeing them regularly. They live an hour away, which isn't bad because they used to live 6 hours away. But, we've had such a bad winter it has been hard to plan time for a visit without worrying about whether or not I'm going to die on the Turnpike. So, while they're slightly more frequent, they're not the near weekly visits we used to have when they lived 20 minutes away. It's also hard now that my car is needing more and more maintaining. I don't want to chance going out that far and have something happen where I can't get back. That's why I got Boy to drive... although he informed me that his car is beginning to die a slow, painful death as well. Greeaat!

We are going to plan more things together. I want to go back out there around my birthday so we can do a double bowling date or something. And Boy suggested a baseball game this summer... if we ever get a summer. And there are places mid way that we try to meet up at as often as we can. So it isn't like I'll never see them. I just have to adjust to not seeing them as regularly as we would like.

I also miss my best guy friend. He lives on the other end of the country in Oregon. 2500 miles away! I did a Mapquest of the drive. It would take 36 hours to get out there. (Nonstop. So, probably more like 3 or 4 days counting stops for food, gas and sleep) I visited him once 2 years ago and it was so wonderful. I didn't want to leave. I'd like to go back, hopefully in January for Portland Comic Con, for at least a long weekend. I don't want to go another six years in between visits. And getting him to come here is next to impossible. So, what else can I do?

But, the wonderful thing about these two friends is no matter how many miles seperate us or how long it's been in between visits, we are always able to pick up where we left off. "Robin" and I continue our conversations in quotes and randomly bursting into song. Richard still makes me smile and we just act all around crazy. I love having friendships like that and I know these two are lifers. Other people may not understand why or how but that has never mattered.

Only about a week left of prompts in this challenge! I've had fun so far. But, once this is over I can begin Camp NaNoWriMo in April! More on that later.

Have a great night.
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment