Monday, March 17, 2014

30 Day Writing Challenge Day 20

"My Fears"

I've been thinking a lot about this topic. I know it goes beyond regular phobias. Although I haaate spiders with a firey passion. I blame my childhood best friend because she brought over the movie "Arachniphobia" when I had a sleepover when we were 12.

No, this is more what event (or events) that I am terrified would happen in my life. And it would come down to one basic thing. Something happening to my family. Either individuals or as a whole. I've had some scares. My father had a mild heart attack about 10 years ago. He is better but is on a lot of medications. I've had a grandfather and two uncles struggle and lose long battles with cancer.

I suppose that would be the worst fear. Having another family member get a wasting illness like cancer or a stroke. Watching someone suffer like that is so hard. And you get your hopes up so much when they have good days. At least, that has been my experience.

I also don't want to have a huge fight with anyone in the family. I knew a girl growing up. Her grandmother was always getting into fights with her sisters. And they were all quick to hold grudges and go years without speaking. And then, when the grandmother passed, her own sisters didn't attend the funeral because they were still mad at her. If that ever happened with my sister, I don't know what I would do. I know we've had our spats but usually a few hours later we're over it.

I can't really think of anything else right now. My family is my world so those two fears are top of my list.

Check back tomorrow for the next topic!
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment