Saturday, March 29, 2014

30 Day Writing Challenge Day 29

"Something You Could Never Get Tired of Doing"

When I was a teenager, my dad and I used to go fishing all the time. It was our thing to do. We would get up before the crack of dawn and drive out to our spot. We would sit there until about lunch time. Didn't even matter if we caught anything or not. We just sat and talked about anything and everything. When I got older, things changed. I got my first job and had to work weekends. He was also attending seminary school twice a week to become a Deacon for the Catholic Church so that ruled out Saturdays and Sundays.

But we're talking about starting to do it again. I'll have to get a fishing licence now, which is no problem. And we will probably have to do some planning before we go so our schedules work out. But, it is on our list this summer. Some people may think it is boring to just sit there all morning waiting for the fish to bite. But, I love it. Maybe this time I'll bring some of my writing, too. Not my laptop or tablet, but a notebook. Heaven knows I have enough of them. :) And there is never a shortage of topics with my dad. He's always telling stories or I'll vent about work. It is a tradition I hope lasts a long time for the pair of us.

What kinds of things do you do with one or both of your parents or grandparents that's just "your thing"?

Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment