Thursday, March 13, 2014

30 Day Writing Challenge Day 15

"What is your zodiac sign and do you think it fits your personality?"

I don't pay attention to the zodiac. I don't care about my horoscope. So I had to do a little research to see what was said about my sign.

Here's what horoscope.com says: Strong, dependable Taurus leads the way when it comes to reaping the rewards of hard work. Lovers of everything that is fine and beautiful, Taureans surround themselves with material gains. This is a sensual, tactile sign. Touch is very important in everything from work to romance. Stable and conservative, Taureans are among the most reliable of the zodiac. While sometimes viewed as stubborn, this sign will plod along on a task until the very end, ensuring that everything is up to standard. They're highly creative and thoroughly enjoy making things with their own hands.

Let's break this down. Dependable. I try. I mean, my friend just asked me to apartment sit for her again in May.

Lover of everything fine and beautiful. Um... hello! I'm a girl! What girl doesn't like pretty things? But I don't make material things a priority. I'd much rather spend my money traveling and spending time with family and friends. I've done without enough in my life for various reasons that it doesn't bother me.

I am definitely stubborn. But that has nothing to do with the Taurus being a bull. I come from a family of hard heads so it's in the DNA.

The creative part is true, too. Obviously my writing but I love scrapbooking and I used to make beaded jewelry. I even had an Etsy business for about two years. But my wrists are starting to bother me so I only do that sometimes now. And my grandmother taught me how to crochet a little.

But, I think that is just me. I really don't think the stars control how we are. Otherwise everyone born during that time would be the same. And the "compatibility" of signs is a crock. Another site once said my perfect match was someone with a Cancer sign. Well, guess what. That was my ex. And that worked out oh so well! -.-

Sometimes it is fun to read those things, though. Also, look up the Horoscope song Weird Al does. He does a great job making fun of the whole thing.

Have a good day!
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment