Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 30 Day Writing Challenge- 10

Prompt of the Day-Talk about a book that your had the hardest time getting through in school. Why do you think you had such a hard time and how did you do on any subsequent tests? How did you learn enough to get by with it?
Source- "1000 Creative Writing Prompts" by Bryan Cohen

One of the hardest books for me to read in school was Lord of the Flies. It's about a group of boys who crash on an island and form a tribe to survive. I hated this book. The writing, the pacing, everything about it. I refused to read it.

Some of the assignments was group work so I managed to squeak by with those by staying quiet and nodding. The rest I think I just half-assed and bombed. It was my senior year of high school and it was only a small percentage of our grade so as long as I worked on everything else I managed to pass so I could graduate. It wasn't easy and I was called out a few times by the teacher because she could tell who was reading and who wasn't. But, she was nice enough not to embarrass those who were not reading. She would pull us aside and talk to us.

And, I tried. I really did. But, for whatever reason, I could not finish this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment