Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 30 Day Writing Challenge- 14

Prompt of the Day-If you could pick 5 languages to learn, what would they be and why? How would you go about learning them and what would you do as soon as you knew them?
Source- "1000 Creative Writing Prompts" by Bryan Cohen

5 Languages I Want to Learn:
1) Polish- My mom's family is mostly Polish and I want to visit there one day. I only know how to call someone a dumb a$$ and I heard that from my boyfriend's mom one day.
2) Japanese- I met one of my closest friends when she tried to start an anime club in college. She tried to teach me but I only know a few words.
3) Spanish- I took 3 years of it in high school. Don't remember it at all.
4) German- Also a language of my ancestors.
5) Gaelic- I think I have some Irish ancestry as well and it's such an ancient language. I think it would be fun to learn.

How:
I could probably find most of these in Rosetta Stone. I know those programs are insanely expensive but the investment might be worth it. Not sure if it includes Gaelic, though. Probably not. I'd have to find someone to teach me.

Oh! I'll throw in a 6th. American Sign Language. I actually have a few deaf customers at work and it would be nice to be able to communicate a little with them instead of smile, nod, point.

No comments:

Post a Comment