Monday, June 8, 2015

June 30 Day Writing Challenge- 8

Prompt of the Day- Reality TV dominated in the 2000s with shows like Survivor and The Hills. Do you think you'd ever want to be on a reality show? If so, which show would you pick and why? If not, why do you think reality shows are so popular?
Source- "1000 Creative Writing Prompts volume 2" by Bryan Cohen

I don't think I could survive a reality show. I'd probably run my mouth and get kicked off. I think they're stupid and they're not real at all.

But, I think a reason they're so popular is the same reason movies and other television is popular. It's a temporary escape from life. When you're having a bad day, you watch people struggle on an island or try to get through Hell's Kitchen and you think, "Okay, my life isn't so bad." Or, in the case of movies or a good book, you can temporarily place yourself in a fantasy world and leave the stress of your life behind for at least a few hours.

I don't understand the draw of some reality shows, really. And, unless it's a competition show, I usually don't watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment