Sunday, June 7, 2015

June 30 Day Writing Challenge- 7

Prompt of the Day- You have been given a magical ability to heal various wounds and illnesses. How do you go about implementing your power throughout your family and community?
Source- "1000 Creative Writing Prompts" by Bryan Cohen

This is easy. I would cure all autoimmune diseases. No more rheumatoid arthritis. No more fibromyalgia. No more MS. And the list goes on. These "silent diseases" are painful both physically and emotionally, mostly because they are so misunderstood. A person, for example with RA, does not have many visible symptoms. At least, at first. But, the fatigue and pain are evident and it is very hard to deal with some days.

And, the thing with autoimmune diseases is they can strike at any age. Even children! I'm on a few Facebook groups and I've seen parents post about watching their child in pain and not being able to help. Or, having to give them treatments that cause horrible side effects just so they can go to school. It's one of the reasons I'm so terrified about having children of my own. What if I pass this on to them? I know it can't be helped but I would feel so horrible.

I would also cure cancer. I've had several relatives die of cancer. It is a devastating and wasting illness if not caught in time and treated. And, sometimes, it can't be treated. I never want to see people go through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment