Thursday, June 4, 2015

June 30 Day Writing Challenge- 4

Prompt of the Day-If time is money, what do you deserve to be paid per hour and why?
Source- "1000 Creative Writing Prompts" by Bryan Cohen

How about if stress is money? That would be a much more accurate statement. Since my day job is grocery retail, I deal with people all day long. Most of them are pretty good. I have a few regulars. But, at least once a day, you get that one person that tends to spoil your whole day because they are rude, unsatisfied with something insignificant, or just plain stupid and lacking in common sense. I'm surprised I haven't needed therapy with some of the crap I deal with.

After deductions, I come home with about $8/hour. This barely covers bills and living for me sometimes and it's certainly not worth the headaches and aggravation I have to deal with on a near daily basis. And, I am not alone in this. I know many of my coworkers feel the same. I think we should make at least double what we make now. It would not only help with minimal expenses, but people would have money to spare to go shopping, save to buy a house or rent an apartment, buy a car, invest in maybe going back to school. Or, better yet, take a much deserved vacation to recover from daily insanity.

But, that's just my opinion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment