Monday, June 15, 2015

June 30 Day Writing Challenge- 15

Prompt of the Day-You have been granted the ability to fly! I mean, like Superman! Where do you travel with this new found ability now that you don't need to save up frequent flyer miles?
Source- "1000 Creative Writing Prompts" by Bryan Cohen

I had to go with this prompt. I could have so much fun if I could fly like Superman! I could travel wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I would just be in heaven. I have friends and family who live out of state so, instead of planning for months and saving money, I could just call them and say, "Hey, can I stop by and hang out?" And then, WHOOSH! Off I go to Vegas, or Eugene, or Key West. I could go to Europe! Fancy a weekend in Venice with Boy? WHOOSH! Where's the nearest hotel? Got a book signing in California? WHOOSH! Dramatic landing in front of the book store and back home in time for dinner. Sick of Cleveland winters? WHOOSH! Off to Key West for beach time to relieve stress. I'd also never have to drive anywhere ever again so the money I save on gas would go towards hotels and shopping.

I think other people should have this ability as well. But, you'd have to have a license. And we'd probably have to submit a flight plan like the airlines do. But, it would be great. Like, next year we're going to New York City for my sister's bachelorette party. Having to not spend big money on a flight would be fantastic.

But, until that somehow happens or we get jet packs, I'm content to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment