Friday, June 5, 2015

June 30 Day Writing Challenge- 5

Prompt of the Day-How does writing fit into your life? Is it a hobby, a profession, a dream, or something else? Write about this priority and if you would like to shift it at some point.
Source- "1000 Creative Writing Prompts" by Bryan Cohen

Writing is currently a hobby and a dream to be able to do it professionally. Every time I ever changed my mind about what career I wanted, I always circled back to writing. It's what I really love to do and I've always done since I was little. Between my novels, blogs, and private diaries, it seems I'm always writing something or thinking about writing. Sometimes I can't fall asleep until I write something. Even if it's just notes or rough ideas about something. My muse will not rest until I get it on paper or screen.

I am in the process of publishing my first novella. My friend and I are making final touches to the cover and then I can upload to CreateSpace and complete the process. Not going to lie. This terrifies me. I've been thinking about it for so long and now that it is finally happening I don't know what to do with myself. I know the work of promoting it begins. I've been doing that for a long time. I just hope people haven't stopped taking me seriously that this will actually happen. I've had so many delays.

I will continue to write. For the simple fact that I love it and want to share my stories and thoughts with the world. But, if I can make a living off it, bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment