Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June 30 Day Writing Challenge- 2

Prompt of the Day-You have been given a huge raise. I'm talking double the money you're making right now. What do you do with your new found cash flow?
Source- "1000 Creative Writing Prompts" by Bryan Cohen

If I could make double what I'm at right now, life would be so much easier! Oh, the things I could do making $16 compared to $8/hr.

First, I'd start paying off my medical bills. My little stint in the hospital last summer cost quite a lot, even after insurance. Throw in any more tests and doctor visits since and upcoming, and I'm pretty deep in the red. I probably couldn't do it all at once. It would take time to pay it all off. But, at least I could do something more than I can now and feel more at ease about bills being sent to a collection agency.

Next, I'd help my boyfriend fix up the house. I could help with rent more once I move in completely. This will help with the house renovations. His back deck is falling apart and the kitchen needs an upgrade. (Like a bigger oven so I don't burn my hand again when baking) Or, better yet, we could look for a new house of our own. Then, I could have my own office with lots of shelf space!

I could save for more traveling! ComicCon in September, going back to Oregon, Boy and I going to Washington DC, maybe a weekend long bachelorette party for my sister next year.

I'd get a gym membership- somewhere with a pool and open 24 hours. There's one by where I used to go to school and it's nice but very expensive.

I could work on marketing and attend arts festivals to promote my books.

Best of all, I could go shopping! Clothes, music, books, new computer and filming equipment.

Sadly, at the rate I get raises at my current job, it would be another 32 years before I make that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment