Monday, September 1, 2014

September Writing Challenge Day 1

Prompt: A Current Picture and 5 Random Facts


1) I am now terrified of angel statues. I blame Steven Moffatt for this. Because he created the Weeping Angels on Doctor Who, possibly the most terrifying monster ever in the 50+ years of the series, I freak out when I see an angel statue now.

2) One of my favorite genres to read is historical fiction. For those who follow my YouTube channel, you will know that I love Philippa Gregory books. She is fantastic at historical fiction, especially her Tudor books. I'm waiting on the final of the Cousins Wars series and then going to have a massive marathon read. And, because the last book is a signed edition makes me all the more excited for it to arrive.
Also, my dad gave me an idea for my own historical fiction story. I'm tossing around some ideas for it but don't want too much of a distraction from my work-in-progress.

3) I have a beautiful, but insane, German Shepherd. A few months ago, we began fostering a dog. She's a 5 year old German Shepherd named Pepper. She's so cute and the biggest sweetie... until a small dog comes along then she goes psycho. As time went on, and we became more and more attached, we realized we couldn't let her go. So, we adopted her in late July. She's fun and sweet and bat crap crazy but we love her anyway.

4) I think I might be a teeny bit addicted to Pinterest. I could spend hours on that site! Looking at everything and anything. Whether it's ideas for when I get my own place, wedding ideas (even though I'm not even engaged yet. But, hey. Who says I can't look now?) tons of recipes and writing inspiration. I have had many a sleepless nights due to Pinterest. So, if you want to see some of the things I have found during the hours I should be sleeping, here's the link to my page.

5) I'm going to Ohio ComicCon next month!! SO excited about this! Now, granted, I'm going to have to be ridiculously stingy. I just got back to work after being on sick leave for over a month and I'm going to need every penny I can for this trip. My boyfriend is being super amazing and said he'd cover the hotel cost which helps a lot but there are two people I want to get autographs from and a meet and greet I want to attend SO badly I could cry. Unlike last year, we are going for the whole weekend. We learned that there is just too much there to see in a day and it was just too exhausting. So, we're going to take our time and look around and enjoy ourselves. This is, I guess, our first vacation together. Also exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment