Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 17

Prompt- What do you collect?

Over the years I've collected a number of things. Some were "the thing to have" like Pogs- these little cardboard disc things that everyone collected and traded when I was a kid. I even collected YuGiOh cards for a little while.

Now, I don't have too much I collect. I'm trying to keep the clutter to a minimum. Especially, if I move. I want less to haul. My car isn't that big.

When I started to travel, I began collecting post cards of wherever I went. They were a great way to get pictures I wasn't able to or the pictures didn't come out. And, I liked the little blurbs on the back of them about various landmarks. I could write notes to myself about my experience to use later in journaling in my scrapbooks. They also have become quite a nice collage on my bedroom wall. I'm running out of space. But, I haven't gone anywhere recently so it hasn't mattered much.

Along with post cards, when I travel I try to buy a shot glass from every place I visit. I'm not a big drinker but they're small and easy to put in my carry-on bag so they don't break. I have a little shelf in my room where they sit right now. If I move, I'll have to find somewhere else to put them. But, that shouldn't be too hard. I could get a curio cabinet like my mom has. Then they wouldn't get as dusty. Some just have the place I visited. Some have fun sayings on them or pictures.

There's also my ever growing personal library. A variety of genres fill my shelves from YA to historical fiction romance to even non-fiction. My sister was teasing me the other day after my last book haul. "There's a such thing as a library," she said. "Well, as my overdue fines will prove, I have a hard time giving books back. So, it's easier to just buy them." She just made a face at me. I don't care. I like my books.

What about you?

Thanks for reading!
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment