Friday, September 5, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 5

Prompt- Have you ever met a celebrity?



Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. It was a dream come true to attend my first Ohio ComicCon in Columbus. My boyfriend and I went for just the day because I was cat sitting for a friend and was unable to go for the whole weekend. It was so much fun and there was so much to see.

The whole reason I really wanted to go was to meet one of my favorite actors since I was 9 years old. (Also, my first celebrity crush) Jason David Frank!

First thing we did when we arrived was get in line for autographs. I headed right for his table and was 3rd in line. I was bouncing up and down and fangirling and couldn't wait for him to come out and the autograph session to begin. He came to the table and jumped up and greeted everyone. Everyone was screaming and cheering and it was insane. Then, once it all calmed down, the signing began. I paid my $40, picked out the picture I wanted for him to sign and then it was my turn. He greeted me and I froze! I think I mumbled a "hi" and I became so nervous. He was really nice and just excited to be there as the fans were.

Later in the day, I attended a VIP meet and greet. He answered questions and talked and joked and poked fun and it was incredible. Then, for whoever wanted, people got in line and he took pictures and signed more things. A guy told him how he and his girlfriend had a shared love of the Power Rangers growing up and then proposed to his girlfriend right then and there. Jason even filmed it for his YouTube channel! We were all chanting "Say yes! Say yes!" to the girl and she said yes!

When it was my turn, I asked if he would sign my notebook that I had written a fanfiction in and then I gave him a copy of the story! I even printed it in green ink. I gave him the folder and he said, "Oh, is this for me to keep and read? Cool!" I was so excited. It was one of my favorite stories I had ever written. Since I had such a longtime love of the show, it was easy to write and I incorporated my novel character into the world which was also very easy to write. (And, just to get the show characters right, I watched MMPR again. Thank you, Netflix)

It was a dream I had had since I was 9 years old finally coming true.

My boyfriend and I are going back to Columbus Halloween weekend and this time we're staying the whole weekend! And, if I can get the money together (and it's not sold out) I want to attend another meet and greet. Going to try and drag the boy along, too. Even though he was never into Power Rangers. But, I don't want to go alone.

Thanks for reading! Did you ever meet a celebrity? Share your story in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment