Saturday, September 20, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 20

Prompt- Dream Job

This is easy! My dream job is being a published author. I can do what I love for a living. I can come and go as I please. I can travel all over whenever I want. No more ringing groceries and standing all day killing my back and knees. Not that it's a bad job. Everyone has to eat, of course. But, I've been doing it since I was 16. I'm done with it and with my current health issues, my body can't take it.

And, it's so monotonous. Ring, pack, ring, pack, payment. Next. That's why I write, either working on my novels or these blog challenges. It's something to keep my brain from turning to mush and dribbling out my ears.

And, I love how, when I write, I can escape into a world of my own and do things I could never do in real life. Like, travel to a medieval fantasy land and save a kingdom. Or, battle werewolves or fight along side the Power Rangers... Oh, ha! That was a fan fiction I wrote. Not a part of my novels.

I'd love to be able to go to conventions like BEA to promote my book and meet other authors and fans. And, being self published means I can set my own deadlines and schedule... I just have to work on sticking to them and not being distracted. I'll save that for something boring, like cleaning.

And, how many people in this world can really say their passion is their job? Something that never gets boring or monotonous. You wake up every morning and say, "I can't wait to keep going on this project" or "I just got new inspiration for a story." What can be better than that?

Thanks for reading!

Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment