Monday, September 22, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 21

Prompt- 5 Simple Ways to Add More Joy to Your Life

1) Don't sweat the small stuff. Easier said than done sometimes but it does help. Not letting a small slight completely ruin your day. There's always someone who will try and ruin your day. You just have to smile and move on. Even if the smile directed at the person is fake.

2) Be thankful for every day- This has really hit home for me recently. I found out that a young lady I went to school with recently passed away of a blood clot, similar to what I had. Except, where I was fortunate enough to catch it, it had detached and went to her heart. She was only a few months older than me. So, I've made a point to be thankful for every day I am able to wake up in the morning.

3) Smile- Even if it's fake at first. I've learned, especially working with people, that even fake smiles can make a difference. If someone is feeling down, a smile and kind word can make their day. If someone is being nasty, a smile and kind word will probably throw them off at first but then can sometimes turn their mood around.

4) Call your loved ones- Don't text. Call. Have an actual conversation. Especially if it's to someone you don't see all that often. A friend or a family member who lives out of state or something. It can make a world of difference and keeps your relationship close.

5) Don't forget to say "I Love You"- Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment