Monday, September 8, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 8

Prompt- Do you write about everything in your blog or is some stuff protected from publication? Where do you draw the line?

I try to be as open as I can when I write in my blog because I want my readers to know about my life... But, there are some things I try to protect. This is not my diary where I can be completely honest and unrestricted in my feelings. So, I'm open and honest about just about everything to a point.

I don't want people to know exactly where I live so I refrain from saying my exact city. I am proud to be Ohio and living near the beautiful city of Cleveland. So, that I will talk about.

Names I try to either not say at all or I'll create nicknames, especially for kids. Some of my friends have small children and I will not say their names. I refer to family members as "Sis" or "Mom" etc. Cousins, aunts, uncles, etc., I may use initials or nicknames.

I will post pictures on occasion but rarely. I'll never post pictures of my friends' kids. I usually post pictures when I'm referring to something. Like my day 2 post when I was talking about my mom's birthday.

I try to keep Day Job topics completely out of my blog unless absolutely necessary and I feel I need to vent but I will not name or even describe people I'm talking about. I don't want to get in trouble or make people think I'm trying to start drama.

So, there you have it.

Have a great day.

Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment