Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 24

Prompt- What are your favorite stores to shop in?

Yay! A fun topic! I love to shop. And, I have a few stores that I always go to because I'm rarely disappointed.

For books- Books-a-Million, no question. That place is incredible and I'm always able to find what I'm looking for. They have a great selection. The stores are easy and sections well marked. And, they also have plenty of geekwear. I bought both of my sonic screwdrivers there and a few t-shirts. If I'm looking for something older, or just cheaper, I go to Half Price Books. That's where I found a majority of my Cousins War series. In next to perfect condition. If you look, you never know the treasures you can find at that place.

For clothes- I'm a plus size girl. And, a lot of the big stores like Target and WalMart, etc. have plus size sections but their clothes are... well... frumpy. I'm 30 years old. I still want to look cute and pretty and not like someone's grandmother just because I have curves. So, there are two primary places I go for nice clothes. They're a little pricier but they have good sales. Torrid is one. I like the styles they have. Very figure flattering. I bought a pretty dress there one time and a couple skirts. You have to look and try stuff on, though, because some of the cuts can be kind of low and revealing so be prepared to layer. The other is Lane Bryant. Over the summer I found 2 pretty maxi skirts that I love and have worn several times. Shirts, dresses, a jean jacket that I still have and need to dig out for the fall. This is also a great store for undergarments. They're always having bra and panties sales every couple of months so I save up and raid the clearance rack.

Craft stuff- Pat Catans, a primarily local chain, I believe. But, their prices are reasonable for things. I can usually load up on stickers there. For paper, I got to JoAnn Fabrics. They always have deals on paper packs. And, Hobby Lobby for yarn. They have the best selection. I will shop at Michaels, but usually if I have a gift card because they're a bit more expensive.

Jewelry/Accessories- Just about anywhere there's a good price I can find jewelry. I do have to be careful in the earring department because my ears are very sensitive and certain metals can cause problems. And, rings. Some rings the metal can turn my fingers green. But, I've found some good things over the years I've managed to hang on to.

That's a taste of where I shop. What about you? Any recommendations?

Thanks for reading!
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment