Saturday, September 27, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 27

Prompt- I love my best friends because...

My best friends are just that. The best people I've ever known. They've had my back when I was bullied, facing heartbreak, had family members pass, or just been my usual crazy self and through it all they've stuck by me.

Distances haven't stopped us. I have a best friend who lives over 2500 miles away and, on those rare chances we are face to face, it's like we've never been apart. Even after years apart.

And, I know, life gets crazy. Obligations arise. Family life changes. People get married or have babies... or both Things happen out of the blue. Makes it difficult to spend time together. Even if friends don't live that far away, sometimes it can be weeks in between visits. Maybe even months. But, as long as, when you do finally visit, it's the same joy and fun as ever, then you know you have a friend for life.

I love those days when "Let's meet for an hour for lunch" turns into "3 hours later, standing in the parking lot still talking." Having a movie night in turns into laughing over YouTube videos for 4 hours in addition to the movie. "I'm upset and need cheering up" turns into drinks, driving around, and ending up at a playground until 2 a.m.

My best friends are people who are just as crazy as me, if not more. They are my shoulder to cry on, they support me, they slap me along side the head when I do something stupid. And, yes, I mean that literally in some cases. They're the people who are as much like family as anyone actually related by blood. Sometimes, even more so.

And who says you can only have one? I have 7! And I know they'll be by my side always. And I'll always do the same for them.

Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment