Saturday, September 13, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 13

Prompt- If you could have dinner with 5 people (alive or dead), who would they be and why?

I've had to think long and hard about this one just to narrow it down to five people!

1) Abraham Lincoln- Our greatest President ever, in my opinion anyway. I've read a number of books about his life and tragic death and often wondered what it would be like to talk to him in person. I have so many questions I would want to ask him about living in that time of the Civil War and what he would have done had he been able to finish his second term. What would he have done differently than his successor? What he thinks of the world today? The good, bad, and indifferent. How would he deal with our idiot politicians? Technology then and now? And the list goes on.

2) Pope Francis- I LOVE this man! From the moment he was announced as the new Pope and he stepped out onto the balcony, I loved him. He is just so humble and great and not afraid to ruffle a few feathers to get his point across. Being the first man from the Americas to become Pope is already an accomplishments. He also is on social media. I love following him on Twitter.
The cartoon on the side is a perfect example of how wonderful and different he is. He is such a wonderful example of faith and love of the Lord and people. It's refreshing to see someone sincere like that. Not that prior Popes weren't. Also love the newly sainted John Paul II. (We had a watch party for his canonization back in April) But, in my lifetime, this is a rare sight.

3) Karen Gillan- Having a little fun now and inviting along one of my favorite actresses. I loved her as Amelia Pond in Doctor Who and might check out her new show later this month. I think she would be so much fun to hang out with. She's gorgeous. I love her accent. And, she seems like that fun to be with, girl next door-type of person.

4) Philippa Gregory- My favorite author of ever! Her Tudor books are fantastic. I'm currently reading the Cousins' War series. (I should get the final in the mail this week) First, I would have her sign all my books I own by her. I would gush and fangirl tell her I hope I write half as good as she does so my books can have the same impact on someone else as she has had on me. She would probably think I was crazy but hopefully she would be understanding and just smile and go with it.

5) John Barrowman- Now, if my friends read this they're probably wondering this: "She mentioned Karen Gillan but not Matt Smith? Or any of the other Doctor actors?" Well, I would love to meet all of them but I had to be selective for this list so I chose the dashing Captain Jack as my final person. I follow him on social media and seen videos of interviews on YouTube. He seems like a highly entertaining and enthusiastic person, not only while in character. He smiles and laughs and isn't afraid to drop a dirty joke here and there. When he gives interviews, he's open about a lot of topics and, as I said, so enthusiastic. He loves what he does and it shows and I want to emulate that amount of passion in my own work.

So, those are my five. It was a tough list to make. But it was fun. What are your five?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment