Friday, September 26, 2014

September Writing Challenge- Day 26

Prompt- Somewhere you would like to move

I think, if I could live anywhere, it would probably be somewhere out west, likely Oregon. They don't have the weather and temperature extremes that I go through here, especially in the winter when it hurts my knees so badly. Warm days don't have the extreme humidity so you're actually able to go out and enjoy the day while being able to breathe and not sweat to death. Winters aren't that cold and very little snow. I've seen pictures of fall, with that mountain scenery and it's incredible.

The people are really nice there, too. When my friend took me hiking, other hikers were cheering me on when I was having trouble. Here, I would have been laughed at or insulted somehow.

Cost of living is reasonable. No sales tax. Gas prices aren't much more drastic than they are here. Plenty of places to eat and shop and find entertainment. I could see myself and my guy settling down there someday... Just have to get him to go along with it is all. :)

Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment